2017 Salt Lake Housing Forecast
Salt Lake County's residential market had its best year since 2006. Superb fundamentals-strong job growth, increased net in-migration, low mortgage rates, and solid wage gains-supported increased levels of sales activity and pushed up single-family and condominium prices to all-time highs. Prices are above pre-recession levels and have finally fully recovered from the great recession.
Below are some of the highlights from the Salt Lake Board Salt Lake Housing Forecast for 2017
- Highest level of home sales in 10 years
- Housing shortage raises home prices
- The number of underwater homeowners in Utah s from a high of 21% in 2010 to 2% in 2016
- More Millennials will move to homeownership
- Mortgage rates will tick up
- Affordability will decline
- Supply will improve some
- Strong price and sales increases but not double-digit
Free download for the complete 2017 Salt Lake Forecast available below
Feel free to contact us for any questions or comments on our local Real Estate Market at 801-694-0903 or contact us here.